Monday, March 16, 2015

Mom's Day Out

My birthday this year came in the middle of a round of sickness in our house, which, unfortunately, we are still enduring!  But one of my birthday gifts from my husband was a day all to myself to do whatever I wanted, while the sick babies had a special day with Dad.  I'm fairly introverted, so I took advantage of the chance to have a nice day of quiet and solitude.  Although honestly, by lunch time I was ready to come home and be with all my guys, sick or not. =)

TubbsHill1
source

I started off with a nice run by myself, then used a birthday gift card to have a facial at the Coeur d'Alene Resort Spa.  It was heavenly.  The Spa has a remarkable view of Tubbs Hill, and it was so nice (and QUIET, yay!) to sit and enjoy a coffee in my bathrobe while watching all the folks out walking and enjoying the sunshine.

When I finally dragged myself out of the Spa, I went to the library, checked out a book for myself and skimmed The Atlantic.  I had lunch at Bakery by the Lake.  At that point, I felt sufficiently rested and refreshed, so I spent the afternoon running errands that I otherwise wouldn't drag the boys along: The Well-Read Moose (my favorite bookstore!), Ulta, Kohls, Target and Costco.  With both boys in tow, I typically max out at two stops for errands - they can't handle much more, or we run out of time before I have to pull over and give baby J a bottle.  So, I got a lot done and enjoyed some quiet time; so it was a great day.  And I was so glad to get home for dinner with these three sweet smiling faces, runny noses and all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment