Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Big Sky, Montana

We had this run all to ourselves!

This post has been sitting in my drafts for quite a while - I forgot about it but want to share these memories from our trip to Big Sky over New Year's.  I'm sure that most of America has had enough of winter, but here in northern Idaho this year, we never got much of it.  Big Sky is the #biggestskiinginamerica and it is awesome.  We had another wonderful and blessed week together with my parents and (most of) my siblings and their families in Big Sky, Montana again. 
Cousins together!  What a bunch of crazy boys!
Our pediatrician said it was OK for us to take baby J on our road trip (in fact, he said it would be easier to do it now, rather than later!).  And I was so glad to get to visit with almost all of my family.  We were sadly missing one sister (in Liberia with the CDC fighting the Ebola outbreak) and one brother-in-law (serving in the Navy and currently deployed).

M just adores all of his big cousins.
My parents rented one of the Powder Ridge Cabins.  It was lovely - it had plenty of space for everyone, the bedrooms were super comfortable and it was ski-in, ski-out right out the back door.  Although, I never would have found my way back from the slopes if I hadn't been skiing with my husband or brother.  I hadn't paid much attention to the directions and it was a little confusing even though the owners had provided little handouts to try to make it clearer.
First time on skis!
D and I skied two days while my wonderful mom, dad, sister and SIL watched our boys.  We got to ski with my brother and his two boys and it was great to see my nephews getting better and better!  We made some wonderful memories.  M had the time of his life playing with his big cousins, especially after asking "Can I go to Montana?  Can I play with my cousins?" 500 times during our 8 hour drive there.

On our way down to the White Otter Chairlift
D also took me over on the Moonlight side of the mountain, which was new to me and great.  I had a little panic when I thought we got on the wrong chairlift (taking us only to black ski runs!) so that girl yelling "thank you, Jesus!" at the top of the chair lift?  Yes, that was me when I discovered that no, there actually was a blue run for me to take down. =)

L-R: Nephew, Brother, Husband with Lone Peak in the background
It was a wonderful, fantastic trip full of great family memories.  Thanks, Mom & Dad for all the memories that we will always treasure!
Chairlift selfie with the same crew!










No comments:

Post a Comment