Monday, August 18, 2014

White Flag

Hi!  Annie here, waving the white flag on potty training for the time being....

After two weeks, we've achieved nearly complete success with potty training for #1.  But my dear little one is really digging in his heels with #2, so we are taking a break and returning to normal society so that we I don't go crazy.

I basically followed the Potty Boot Camp method to the letter for the first week.  I also read this post.  I found it very helpful, and I really, really tried.  I did!  But bless his heart, when it came to sitting on the potty for #2, he just wasn't having it.  I talked to several other moms the other night, and 3 of 4 said they went through months of 'poop in your pants' episodes, and I just don't think I can deal with that.  Potty training was starting to make document review look amazing!

So, today we went to the gym/playcare and I let him wear a pull-up there so the lovely playcare ladies don't have to deal with poopy pants.
He is smiling because I let him wear a diaper to church!

I know a lot of people think ew, gross, we don't want to hear about your kid's potty training on the internet, but I'm telling you, every night, the only thing that motivated me to keep trying was finding stories that demonstrated that I wasn't the only one dealing with this! 

So if you are stuck in the potty training doldrums like me, hang in there and remember it's not the worst thing in the world to use a Pull Up or two! =)

Got any potty training secrets up your sleeve?  Please share!  And don't tell me a special present(s) because I tried that! =)


No comments:

Post a Comment