Wednesday, August 6, 2014

My First "Answer Me This"

I recently stumbled across this great blog, and now I've found yet another reason to be glued to my computer during nap time.  Here is my first stab at her "Answer Me This" series!

1.  When driving, are you more likely to listen to the radio, to CDs or an iPod or nothing at all?

We are listening to the radio a lot these days, so M can hear his beloved guitar music!  We listen mostly to country radio or this cool local station, KPMD.   But I can't stand radio commercials! 

 2.  Do you prefer window or aisle?

Just ask anyone who has had the misfortune to fly with me (mostly D or my sister J, with whom I overlapped in college for 2 years) - I like the window seat and will basically beg you to switch with me if I am not assigned it.  M gets it of course when we fly together (because the car seat can't block another seat) and he likes to shut the window, but I always make him (or do it myself!) open it back up!  It's the world we're flying over, man!  Why would you close the window on that?!  Ha!

3.  Do you fall asleep on your side, back or stomach?  What position are you in when you wake up?

I have no idea.  I basically toss and turn until I pass out, and then I never remember what position I am in when I wake up.

4.  Do you have a favorite quote or inspirational saying?

Not really, but I love the quote about the simplest prayer being only "Thank you, thank you, thank you."  Not sure where that came from originally, but I read about it in The End of Your Life Book Club.

5.  When is the last time you attended a zoo, circus, carnival, county fair or parade?

We went to the San Diego Zoo with my parents and my sister and her family in March.  It was a really big zoo.  I think the little boys (M and his cousin) liked the double decker bus ride the best, and it was tough because some of us were in various stages of recovery/coming down with a stomach virus, which makes for a hard day of walking around.  It is expensive too, and I honestly felt like it was kind of difficult to see a lot of the animals in the exhibits.

6.  What's the best thing about summer?

Everything about summer is awesome!  For me it is a tie between (a) going to the beach and (b) the extra hours of daylight.  I don't have to get in the water to enjoy going to the beach, rather, I just love having my chair on the water's edge and relaxing with a good book.  When we lived in Virginia, D & I used to take our beach chairs and sit on the beach every Friday evening as the sun went down.  It was the perfect way to kick off the weekend.  The other day, it actually occurred to me that a great girls' night out would be an evening doing the same thing - I think my mom friends would enjoy the quiet relaxing time!

The extra hours of daylight are awesome too because now we get to have longer bike rides and walks together after dinner.  Our splash pad is only open until Labor Day, so I am really trying to make the most of it and get M there daily if we can, and sometimes after dinner is the only time we can get there.  Plus, it counts as a bath, right??!!

 What about you?  What's the best thing about YOUR summer?

This is my 100th Post!  Woohoo!  Or are you bored yet?!


No comments:

Post a Comment