Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Answer Me This: Summer, Please Don't Go, and More


 Happy Wednesday, folks.  How is your day going?  We had a great play/run date this morning, and we're headed to a birthday party tonight.  No party like a toddler party!  I really enjoyed my workout this morning - I did 2x10:00 at 80% effort with a 2 minute recovery, warm up and cool down.  Felt hard and good, and I was glad that I could maintain a steady pace for both efforts.  Here are some more thoughts about me....


What do you still want to do this summer?

There is SO MUCH I still want to do this summer!  Luckily, it seems like summer in North Idaho runs from July-September, so I think we've still got some more warm days for fun in our future.  I do think that I want to give camping another go, though!  I keep hearing great things about camping on Kalispell Island at Priest Lake.

  You have to rent a boat to go there, which would make it extra fun because then we'd get to tool around the lake, and D would get to fish, which he loves.  
 
We're on a boat!

On the topic of boating, M has been pushing his toy mower around the backyard and yelling "I'm waterskiing" and then "hit it!"  I think he is ready for Camp Sea Gull.

 What's your favorite kind of pie?

I am not a huge pie person, but I love to make them for Thanksgiving!  I made an apple-cheddar pie, which I did like, on two occasions.  The second time was for my then-neighbors, after they had a new baby, and the husband came back over and asked me if I made a mistake because there was cheese in the pie.  Guess he was #notafan!

How much sleep do you need each day? How much do you get?

I think I need 7-9 hours.  I usually get 7 these days, and we are so lucky because M hardly ever wakes up at night and is a great sleeper!

Do you prefer to swim in a pool, lake, river, or ocean?

I am 100% a beach girl but I actually don't love to swim in the ocean.  When I was younger, my sensitive skin would react to the salt water/sweat/sunscreen combo, so I was a yucky mess!  We lived on a river growing up, and occasionally swam/kneeboarded in it, but I was always a little nervous about the gators!  Now I live in the lake city, and the lakes around here are refreshing and beautiful, but I might have to go with a clean, highly-chlorinated pool as my top pick, ha! 


Do you know any poems by heart?

Nope, but I got M a book of poetry that we sometimes like to read from.  He really likes looking at the illustration that accompanies the witch's spell from MacBeth, so we are both slowly memorizing that because we read it together so much while he looks at the picture!  
 
 Do you use the public library?

Most definitely!  I love the library.  Our downtown library is in a great, beautiful, sunshine-y building, and it has a great children's section.  
Coeur d'Alene Library
Our beautiful downtown library
 source



My husband and I were just talking the other day about how great libraries are, and it brought to mind all of the hours that I used to spend at the library with my siblings, it was a great place to pass the time between school getting out and before practice/piano lessons/dance lessons started.  

larimer memorial library
The old library building in my hometown - now it's an arts center.

We lived out in the country, so it didn't make sense to drive all the way home and then back to town between school and stuff, so we spent a lot of downtime at the library.  I think libraries are fantastic public resources.  

How about you?  What fun activities are you trying to get in before summer is over?

No comments:

Post a Comment