Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Ordinary Days

We've had unbelievably good weather for May this year.  This time last year, I was asking everyone, "is it ever going to stop raining/get warm/be nice?"  I keep pinching myself this year and we are spending as much time outside as possible.
Yesterday we had a lunch picnic in the park.  I sent this pic to my husband to thank him for working hard so we can enjoy moments like this one.  I think more food went on the ground though than in his mouth (see the upside down bowl).  =)

One of his favorite activities - pushing the empty stroller around.

This morning M and I went to our first little "Tiny Tots" class.  Apparently he was the only one signed up for the 1-2 year old class so we "skipped a year" (ha!) and went into the 3-4 year old class.  He didn't get trampled today, so I consider that a success.  Half of the class time was "craft time" and there were 3 crafts: a coloring station, a station where the kiddos glued multi-colored tissue paper onto pictures of fish, and a station where they put fruit loops on pipe cleaner necklaces.  Needless to say, we did not advance from the coloring station, and succeeded in coloring on a chair, nearly pulling the table cloth off of the table, and chewing on the crayon.  Whew!  But I think he had fun and was all smiles the whole time.  Bubbles were clearly the highlight and M was clapping like crazy for them.  It was adorable.  We're doing this so he can get some interaction with other kiddos, so we'll see how it pans out.

This afternoon we went down to a little park on the river and put our toes in the water.  It was FREEZING!  But M loved it, he probably sat there for 15 minutes just playing with the rocks and the sand, babbling away. 

I didn't run today, I'm fighting a cold and sore throat so I figured I'd better rest and save up for tomorrow's track workout, which will likely be a hard one.  We did get a 2 mile walk in though, so that was nice to stretch the legs and have some prayer time.

 I'm so grateful for days like these.  I know that I am lucky that my husband is working hard so that I can spend so much time with M.  M won't remember these early days, but I will, and so in that sense, I see them as wonderful, generous gifts of time from my husband to me.  The house may not be perfectly clean and many projects left incomplete but I am so grateful to have made these memories.

What does your ordinary day look like?  Share with me, I'd love to hear about it!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Annie! Thanks for your kind words...I'm sure you can relate to the excitement. :) Your little guy is so adorable...I look forward to following along your blog! I'm so glad to know you have one. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi L! Thanks for checking out my blog...I'm just getting started and it's a little out of my comfort zone, but I thought I'd try it out! =) Hope you all are well, will be praying for you over the next few months!

      Delete