Thursday, May 16, 2013

If You Hurry Up and Eat

My brother and his family sent me an Omaha Steaks package for my birthday.  I absolutely love Omaha Steaks!  My dad used to get them from time to time when we were kids and I have sent their packages to other people, but until this year, I've never been the recipient.  Last night I finally got around to making the steak and dessert from the package (we had already eaten the fries - like a true Southerner, I went for the potatoes first!).

By the time I finished getting everything on the table, M was about halfway through his meal (impatient, hungry toddler! =)) and D had already started eating too.  My finally sitting down prompted D to say to the baby, laughingly, "If you hurry up and eat, we can be finished before your mother sits down!"  Apparently, he remembered this as something that his dad used to say to him, and that D's grandfather used to say to D's dad.  We both got a good laugh out of it and it was pretty fitting because of course the minute I sit down, I remember that I need to grab something else and hop back up again.  Isn't that how it always is?  Annie, at your service!

No comments:

Post a Comment