We did a very short stroller run before heading off to the airport for another great adventure.
My little man and I are in Florida!
We had two successful, long, turbulent flights. All the adults on board wanted to throw up while all the kids were squealing like they were on Space Mountain. M did a good job and didn't scream *too much.* And I didn't even have to bust out the Ipad! Items that saved the day for 6 hours in the air:
- the car seat: I made him sit in it and was especially grateful during all of those bumps in/out of Denver - worth the hassle of hauling it through the airport and wacking everyone who had already boarded as we walked down the aisle.
- the etch-a-sketch: M loved playing with it!
- those Color Wonder markers that only color on the special paper - no mess and M was totally intrigued as to why his attempts to color all over the aircraft window wasn't working
- the new book Toy Boat: do you have this book yet? It is adorable and M loves it. We just got it a week ago and he practically has it memorized. I highly recommend it for all toddlers - we read it over and over.
- a packed lunch: first time I tried doing this and it seemed to work well. Balanced out with a lot of onboard snacks.
What helps you (and your family) get through long flights?