Friday, March 7, 2014

7 Quick Takes



 1. My training plan for the Coeur d'Alene Half Marathon has started! Whoop, whoop! Time to get after it! I am using a Jenny Hatfield training plan and doing most of my runs on my own, for now. This seems to work best with our family schedule for now, and hopefully as it gets warmer I can convince D to join me and push the stroller for me!
D spent last week in Chicago finishing up a leadership program that he has been participating in through his job. We missed him terribly, but I can't complain because a one week trip was nothing back in our Navy days, when he was gone more times than not. M was SOOOOO thrilled when he came home though!
Am I the only person who misses the Olympics already?! The Winter Olympics are so different from the Summer Olympics because of all the epic crashes. You know I love skiing, so the downhill races are my favorite but this year I got a kick out of all of the slopestyle personalities!
We had our home study visit/interview this week to update our homestudy. Once the report is complete, it will be good for a year before we have to update it again. The women who we work with for our homestudies have such warm, kind personalities, they really make you feel at ease. So if you know anyone who is considering adoption and looking for adoptive parents, please feel free to contact me!

I hosted a baby shower for my friend last Saturday, and I picked up these flowers to decorate the house.  Aren't they pretty?  I just love beautiful flowers.  The large roses are very similar to the roses that were used in the bouquets and arrangements at our wedding.

My birthday was this week!  It was really great to hear from many wonderful friends and family, made me feel really special.  My sister sent me this cool spiralizer that I can't wait to try out!  Will let you know how it works.

This cool dude is picking up TONS of new words every day!  His new words today are: knife, butter, cut, door, diaper and bucket!  I was shocked to hear him say all of these this morning, but super proud!

Have a great weekend!

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment