Sunday, February 9, 2014

January Wrap Up

[I forgot to publish this post earlier - oops!  Better late than never!  Looking back over last month...]

We welcomed in the New Year in Big Sky, Montana with wonderful family time and fantastic skiing.  Then I drove our toddler back home to Idaho across 2 mountain passes while D was taking his MBA exams in Florida.  This Florida girl is pretty proud of that drive!

When D flew back to Idaho, M & I turned around and flew down to attend a family party in Tampa, FL.  We got to spend some extra time with my parents in northeast FL, enjoyed the sunshine and some January humidity!

Then we got sick.  Blecch!  But we bounced back and are now back to our routine - fingers crossed!

All pieces of our home study paperwork are now turned in so the next step will be the home visit.  The agency and our attorney haven't had birth moms ready to view our portfolio, so we continue to wait, prayerfully!

M now calls me "Mommy" in addition to "Mama."  Before he was just calling me "Mama," so his sweetness continues to grow!

I finished reading the lengthy biography "Catherine the Great: Portrait of a Woman." about Catherine the Second, a Russian Empress in the late 1700s.  I did not expect to enjoy it as much as I did - it was fascinating.

We finished the month out with a big snowfall!  So M has been trying out his skis and we built him a sledding hill in the backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment