Thursday, June 13, 2013

A Busy Start to Summer

We have had a fun and busy start to summer.  I wouldn't have it any other way and am so thankful for these adventures:

My husband was traveling recently for work, and here's a pic of the souvenir he brought me from London:

Royal Wedding Tea!
 We both got a good laugh out of how overly excited I was about this tea.  I guess he remembered that time I woke him up at 5 am in a hotel in Florida to watch the Royal Wedding!

Our little guy helped Dad pack

He got home just in time for the CDA Half Marathon.  I finished under 2 hours (barely - 1:58!), but 17 seconds behind my half marathon time in 2011, so I was still just a little bit disappointed.  But it really was a fun race, and I think I'll try to do it again next year!

Happy to be finished!
The weekend after the Race, M & I flew to New Jersey to visit some extended family and attend our college Reunions.  Traveling with a 14 month old on a full flight was exhausting, but thankfully my sister flew part of the way home with us, and then we had an empty seat in our row on our very last flight.

Getting some ice cream to cool off in the heat and humidity!

It was really hot and humid while we were there, but it was a great trip.  M got to see all of his cousins on my side of the family, and they are all boys and all so cute together.  His older cousins kept petting his head and saying "he is so soft!" and "he is so cute!"  Haha.

Cooling off after the P-Rade
My parents brought M up to Princeton on Saturday morning so he could meet my old college friends.  My sister (who is Class of '05) and I went up on Friday night to hit the Tents and visit with old friends.  Reunions with a baby is SO different than without!  I spent most of Saturday worrying that he was getting too hot, and searching for A/C.  I can't believe we used to live in the dorms with no A/C!  M had fun playing with the other '03 babies and cooling off in the courtyard by the Chapel, before we went to Mass.  It was a lot of fun and I'm glad I got to see a lot of folks, but there were still lots of people that I didn't get to see or talk to enough.

In front of Nassau Hall!


Now we are thankful to be back home, enjoying our beautiful weather and enjoying getting back in our routine.  I got a few runs in this week, but mostly we've just been taking it easy.  And I'm way behind in my reading challenge (still on my Michael Pollan book!) but I'll get there!  We have some great gifts for D for Father's Day, so I'm hoping he'll be excited when he sees them!

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. You have had a busy start to the summer! I remember watching the Royal Wedding while running on the TM at Spokane Club. Haha. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Another royal wedding fan, haha! I love Kate's fashion but somehow don't see it working for me in small-town Northwest. ;)

    ReplyDelete