Friday, June 21, 2013

5 Things From This Week

1.  We had non-stop rain for two days this week.  We had to turn the heat back on!  M and I were going a little stir-crazy with all of the time in the house, but some play time at an indoor play area and a trip to walk around Kohl's sure helped get the wiggles (and screams!) out.

2.  Speaking of M, he now says "yum" and "yay" occasionally.  It is adorable.

3.  I am trying out the Whole 30 program.  So far (day 5) it feels like it takes all of the fun out of eating.  But I guess that is kind of the point!  I know I eat way too much artificial sweetener/processed foods, and a friend is one week ahead of me on the program, so I thought I'd see if this has any positive effects.  I'm also curious to see what (if any) effect this may have on my unexplained infertility and running training.

4.  Speaking of running training - my next planned race is the Scenic Half Marathon in Sandpoint.  I'm going to try to follow a program that I found on Jenny Hadfield's site.  It is a 14 week program so I'm already a few weeks behind, but I like that it includes a lot of strength training, cross training and speedwork.

5.  It's Ironman weekend!  And our 6th wedding anniversary!  I'm hoping to get to watch some of both the Ironman start and finish this year.  Last year we didn't get to watch any of it, but I am a running/fitness groupie and I am kind of fascinated by the level of commitment that it takes to train for, complete and complete in Ironmans, so I am really hoping to check it out.  I did a few sprint triathlons as a law student and I still have my tri-bike, I just don't get out there on it nearly enough!  Oh, and for our anniversary, we're just going out for dinner.  =) We typically don't make a big deal out of our anniversary.  I think we'll do something fun though for our 10th, so I'm glad I've got some time to plan!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment