Saturday, December 27, 2014

My Year of Running 2014

Here is a quick recap of my year of running, with thanks to Miss Zippy for the inspiration!




Best Race Experience

I didn't run very many races this year, but I had a lot of fun at the Sandpoint Scenic 5k, because my sister was there and ran the race too.   I enjoyed pushing myself by running as hard as I could at a shorter distance.  I am thinking about making 2015 the year of the 5k. =)  Or some other shorter distance maybe.

Best Run
I love my stroller runs with M.  It makes me so happy when he asks to go running.  I would be so happy if he developed a love for running too!  Now, I'm just going to need a double stroller for next summer, hopefully!

Best New Piece of Gear
My mom got me a running skirt for my birthday.  I love it.  It is really cute but completely functional too!  I lover wearing it on on all of our summer bike rides and other adventures too.

Best Piece of Running Advice Received
My husband is always telling me to run harder for shorter periods of time and to do fartlek-type workouts.  He's right.  When I do these types of runs, I can feel my easy run paces and long run paces getting faster.  It especially fun and challenging to do these types of runs while pushing the stroller too!

Most Inspirational Runner
I'm thinking Louis Zamperini.  I read Unbroken a couple of years ago and loved it.  America lost a good man when he died this summer.

If you could sum up your year in a couple of words, what would they be?
Fun and flexible.  I didn't hit all of my running goals for the year, so I re-calibrated my expectations.  As a result, I enjoyed the races that I did do, and relished all of my runs and time spent outside this year.  I'm lucky to be able to run and to have the time to exercise.  It is a gift, I don't take it for granted and I hope I can be an example to my sons of a positive lifestyle.

I'll be spending the next few days thinking about my fitness (and other) goals for 2015, and hope to share them with you soon!
Happy running in 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment