Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!

We'll be having another Southern-style Thanksgiving this year.

But we aren't hosting this year, so I'll be putting my feet up!
My Enthusiastic Helper

We're bringing cranberry sauce (this one and this one), my sister's amazing pesto cheese ball appetizer, a cauliflower casserole and two pecan pies for a pecan pie face-off: my aunt's sugary but time-tested recipe and a "healthy" recipe that my sister sent me.  But is pecan pie ever really healthy? =)

Flashback to Thanksgiving 2012
We're also planning to do a family turkey trot together.  There's no entry fee and you get your choice of t-shirt from your dresser when you get home.  But no cheering fans or water stops either, ha!  Hopefully we'll hook up the TV to watch the parade together (I love, love, love the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and maybe even hang up our outside Christmas lights.  And we'll definitely be making lots of phone calls to our family in Florida and Tennessee for Thanksgiving this year.
M's First Thanksgiving Day Parade Viewing!
I have so much to be thankful for this year.  Thanks for reading and I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving day!

No comments:

Post a Comment