Friday, May 9, 2014

Half Marathon "Training"

"Training" is in quotes because I'm not sure you can really call it that!

I'll be running the CDA Half Marathon on May 25.  My longest training run to date has been 7.75 miles, so not really where I should be to hope to PR.  I have been running roughly three times a week, and also trying to take a weight class and swim one day a week.  But neither my distance nor intensity has really been up to par.  I am going to be reasonable and aim to just finish and enjoy myself.  But my husband says I have to beat his old boss, gulp!
Part of the course for this year's CDA Half Marathon (and the Marathon)

I am also planning to run a 5 mile trail race on May 17, part of the State Park Series organized by Trail Maniacs.  I'm really excited for this!  My last trail race was a lot of fun, and Farragut State Park is gorgeous.  Hopefully we'll do some extra exploring as a family afterwards.

Then I think I probably won't do a race again until September/October.  We will be traveling off and on so I am just hoping to build consistency and speed and to enjoy our beautiful summer by spending as much time outdoors as possible.

What are your summer plans, running and otherwise?

No comments:

Post a Comment