Friday, March 15, 2013

Habemus Papam!

Wednesday was such an exciting day!

I was not feeling well that morning, but sometime after 11 am, I heard my cell phone buzz with a new text message - the Pope Alarm!  What a great idea that website was - it let me know that the white smoke had appeared and we'd be meeting our new Pope soon.

So I rigged up our computers for the live feed from EWTN.com and M and I had a great time watching the festivities and listening to Pope Francis.  While we were waiting for him to come out, I said to M, "we're going to meet the new Papa" and then, (several minutes later) when he did come out, M leaned forward toward the screen and said "Papa!"  How cute is that?!

I am so excited to learn more about this man of great faith.  I was not a Catholic when Pope John Paul II was Pope so I was not paying much attention at that time, but I always felt a special fondness for Pope Benedict XVI because I had the chance to meet him during a unique college trip to Rome.  I look forward to learning more about Pope Francis and will continue to pray for him, Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI, our Church and for all Christians during this exciting Year of Faith.  May God Bless Pope Francis!

No comments:

Post a Comment