Friday, January 1, 2016

Hello 2016!

Happy New Year! 

I kind of lost interest in keeping this blog up over the last couple of months, but I've decided to keep at it, and try to just blog maybe once a week for starters - so long as I have something to share, of course!

Do you make NY goals/resolutions?  I told my husband that since the NY starts on a Friday, I really still have the weekend still to think about making a resolution (so I can start on Monday). =)  He did not agree with that philosophy.  I don't have any hard and fast type resolutions, like run 500 miles or lose 10 pounds, etc, but I do have some general ideas of things I'd like to focus on this year.

I definitely want to work on becoming a faster, stronger runner (and hopefully run close to my high school 5k time of 22:00!).  But, I've realized that right now, I just can't make myself get up and run outside in the cold darkness during the week, so I'm going to do more indoor fitness activities/strength training, at least for this month. 
 
I'm also hoping to carve out more time to read.  It will be hard to find a book to top All the Light We Cannot See, my favorite book of 2015.  I just started Design Mom's book, which is giving me some great ideas for house stuff, and Don Quixote, which is making me laugh out loud.  I'm also loving read aloud time with the boys, and am hoping to incorporate more family reading time during our cold snowy evenings.  We read two great books aloud for Advent: The Twenty-Four Days Before Christmas and The Children of Noisy Village.  Both were really cute and my 3 yo seemed to enjoy reading them!

And generally speaking, I want to focus on being more intentional in everything.  Time just flies by, and I want to make sure I'm making the most of every day.  I'm hoping we can go camping at least once this summer and spend as much time outdoors as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment