Sunday, May 24, 2015

Weekend in New Jersey


 The babies and I flew to New Jersey for a quick weekend trip over Mother's Day weekend.  We celebrated Mother's Day with my wonderful mom and my 93 year old paternal grandmother, but the REALLY big deal was my dad's 70th birthday!  Happy Birthday Dad!  And let's not forget, my mom's birthday is the day after my dad's, so we got to celebrate her, too!


Let's just say - it was a busy weekend:

Thursday: Mom's Birthday + baby J's first flight.  Thank heavens for the iPad and the Winnie the Pooh movie!  I used the Cares 5 point harness for M, but I wouldn't recommend it.  In fact, I'm returning it.  He kept sliding out of it and was unable to lean over to rest his head and nap.  

Friday: we had a great visit with a dear friend from college!  She brought her daughter over to play with the boys and my nephew.  It was so good to see them.  As we prepare to move, I am reminded of how important it is to maintain friendships.

Saturday and Sunday were filled with family time and celebrations.  Then on Monday, we flew back home.  It was great to see everyone, and us being gone allowed D to get a lot of packing done.  Some pics from our family time:
Happy in the air-conditioned hotel!


 

M rockin' his "ear muffs" for his movie!

Snoozing with Uncle J
Cousin Lego time


Whenever we go to New Jersey, we always walk to this little pond near Granny's house.  Happy Birthday to my parents, we can't wait to see you again in June!

No comments:

Post a Comment