Sunday, September 7, 2014

Thankful for Friends

Shortly after we decided to attempt potty training, my husband returned to the East Coast for an unexpected business trip that extended into three weeks.  Back in our Navy days, a three week trip was considered a "short trip," but I think that is the longest trip he's taken since we moved to Idaho, so it seemed like it was never going to end!

That's part of why I quit potty training - it was just too lonely/boring/poopy/not working being stuck at home all day and night, without even really any breaks for a run longer than 30 minutes.

Anyway, I'm so thankful for the friendships that we've made here - while D was gone this time, friends invited us to play and for dinner, offered to watch M so I wouldn't have to take him to the grocery store, invited us to birthday parties and even helped remind him to use the potty. ;)

We're so very, very thankful for these friends, and I am mindful of all my girlfriends, including my sister and my sister-in-law, who endure those long Navy deployments year after year.

No comments:

Post a Comment