Friday, December 20, 2013

Quick Takes on a Snowy Friday

--- 1 ---

Do you do Quick Takes? I have no idea what I'm doing, and not even sure if I have 7 things to write about, so I appreciate your understanding for this first effort! What we've been up to since my last post: wrapping and mailing Christmas presents, attending D's work Christmas party, playing outside, and reading a bunch! I took M to see Santa at the fire station - he was amazed by the fire trucks and terrified of Santa. It is super nice that the fire dept lets you stop by to see Santa/fire trucks in exchange for food donations.

--- 2 ---

It is snowing! It started earlier this morning during Moms Group, and is still going strong. In fact, it is coming down really heavy as I type! I can't wait for M to wake up from his nap because...

--- 3 ---

We are going to take him outside to try out his new skis! Yep, toddler skis!! They are his Christmas gift from us, but we decided that if we got any snow before Christmas we would let him try it out. =) I'll be sure to take some pics!

--- 4 ---

I'm feeling very thankful for my Church and the wonderful folks that we are meeting there. I am really enjoying making some new friends through the Young Adult and Family Fellowship and Moms Group.

--- 5 ---

I had intended to make a Jesse Tree this year out of felt and have M color the ornaments to put on the tree. I've never done this before so I thought this could be a good "trial run" year before M gets older and realizes how bad I am at crafts. Well, my little tree looked so awful, and not at all like a tree that I basically gave up on the project altogether before we even attempted to color any ornaments (which my printer wouldn't print anyway, a whole different problem, argh!). But I've been pleased that the crafts that we've been doing at the Kroc Center have emphasized Jesus and the celebration of his birth (rather than just Santa), so I think that makes up for my own personal terrible craftiness!

--- 6 ---

Grandparents are awesome! D's parents arrive on Sunday and will stay with us until Friday. Then we will drive to meet my parents and sibs in Montana for a week! I can't wait to see them all and so thankful that they are all willing to travel to our neck of the woods!

--- 7 ---

We have had a nice, quiet Advent. It has been a blessing, and given me time to pray and read some Scripture (when I am not moping about my lack of craft skills!). We have been lighting our Advent wreath before dinner almost every night. It is exciting to see it start to resonate with M because when we put him in his chair he starts point at the candles and signing please. He loves hearing us sing a carol and proclaims a loud "AMEN!" at the end.

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

What do you have going on? I hope you are enjoying a beautiful Advent!

No comments:

Post a Comment