Monday, August 25, 2014

Weekend Recap: Faith, Fitness, Family & Fun

Faith
Our parish is named after St. Pius X.  Last weekend was the 100th anniversary of his death, and our parish held an outdoor evening mass and BBQ.  We attended; it was interesting to learn about this special man and fun to spend time with church friends.  M especially loved staying up past his bed time, running in the huge field behind the church, and eating cake!
 

Fitness
I did a stroller run on Saturday morning, attempting to push the pace some, but ran out of gas after only three miles!  Ack!  I better get it together, because my next half marathon is only about a month away!  Did I mention that I did actually sign up?  So yes, I'm committed to running the Scenic Half in Sandpoint, Idaho!  Some family members and my close friend will also be running the 5k too!  Now, shouldn't we all convince D to run too?!  


Family
We've been enjoying lunch on the front porch lately in this awesome weather!


Fun
Speaking of Sandpoint, we drove up there this weekend to attend the birthday party of one of M's little friends.  The party was at a lovely spot on Lake Pen d'Oreille, and M and I even got to kayak!  He loved it, but of course he really wanted to ride in the speed boat. =)
Our view on Saturday!
How was your weekend?


No comments:

Post a Comment